1. Who do you tend to go to when you need advice? What is it about that person that draws you to them in those situations?
2. Can you describe a time when you thought God was speaking to you or when you felt an “inner prompting of the Holy Spirit”?
Can you think of any Scriptures that would help you know if this experience was from God or not?
3. Genuine Christians have the exact same Holy Spirit that empowered Jesus. That means that as followers of Jesus we have a supernatural resource that can help us do and understand things that we never thought possible. Read the following passages and identify some of the resources that the Spirit offers.
Where would you most like to experience the Spirit’s power?
4. The Bible is an essential tool for determining what’s from God and what’s not. How we view and respond to God’s Word is one of the tests of whether or not we really know God. What do the following verses tell us about either the blessings or warnings that come with how we treat God’s Word?
5. When it comes to testing the spirits – is there one of these three actions that you need to pay more attention to than the others?
Is there a specific part of the Bible or biblical topic that you would like to become more familiar with?
Is there any “static” you need to get rid of so that you can hear the Holy Spirit better?
Is there any area you need to consult or seek wise counsel about?
(Thanks to Larry Osborne for these questions)