Joseph, the Unsung Hero
December 11, Andrew Shields
- What stood out to you about Joseph or the story of the virgin birth of Jesus?
- How do you relate to reasoning (or science) and faith? Has that been an active combination for you, or do you veer towards one over the other? What do you think the significance of the virgin birth is?
- Have you found in your life that to ‘think’ your way out of a habit or bad decision is successful? Would you agree that the loves or your heart influence your decision making? How would you go about getting God to shape and mold the desires of your heart?
- What does it mean to you that Jesus is: Immanuel, “God with us”? What do you do when you do not feel like God is with you?
- Do you find that you swing towards legalism or license to sin sometimes? What kind of impact does it have in realizing that obedience is for our satisfaction in God? Have you found that obedience has taken you on an adventerous journey?
- How does realizing the brokeness in the genealogy of Jesus affect your view of God? Do you find it difficult to accept and love others as Jesus did? Is there a person you feel God would like you to extend the acceptance, love, and grace of Jesus too?